google map
Chapora Fort
Category : Forts Of Goa
Location  : Chapora,Vagator

Originally built by the Adilshah in the early 16th century, it was captured by the Portuguese in 1543 and rebuilt wholly in 1717 by the count of Eritrea.
Today, except the fort wall nothing remains, a short but steep walk to the fort provides an ideal location for an ariel view of morjim, vagator beaches and the confluence of chapora river with the Arabian sea.

Ladies are advised not to venture alone to the fort.


Updates More +
location map of Chapora Fort

Related Links

» Aguada Fort» Reis Magos Fort» Terekhol Fort